Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Birthday Card/Couch


Birthday Napkin for a Significant Birthday:

I was lacking an appropriate gift for a kind and generous relative who has often been particularly kind and generous to my sometimes apparently ungrateful sons.

Napkin: The answer to every problem. 
(Or perhaps not.)

We are past the point where I can get the kids to make charming decorated cards.  Let’s face it, a card perfunctorily scrawled by a disgruntled 15 year old is definitely less winsome than a cute drawing labored over by a six year old.

How winsome is a drawing on a napkin produced by a perpetually disgruntled middle aged woman?

Best not to answer that. 

Suffice it to say: we do cherish the recipient, and I definitely meant well. 

And there is always the chance that a drawing will turn out better when I produce it quickly under a time pressure.

Yes, that sometimes happens. Not frequently.


(I was in fact trying to make the family couch say happy birthday...if that is unclear)

No comments:

Post a Comment